Featured post

WAPTV Set to Bring Indian Hit Series ‘Rajjo’ to Nigerian Television

Image
Nigerian television viewers are set for a fresh dose of romance, family drama and inspiring storytelling as WAPTV prepares to bring the popular Indian television series “ Rajjo ” to Nigerian audiences. The development is generating interest among television lovers because WAPTV is expected to become the first television channel in Nigeria to broadcast the Indian romantic drama , giving viewers an opportunity to experience one of India’s popular family-oriented dramas from the comfort of their homes. According to reports published on August 15, 2026, the acquisition of the broadcast rights is part of WAPTV’s effort to strengthen its position in Nigeria’s competitive television industry while continuing to provide premium and family-friendly entertainment. WAPTV makes history with ‘Rajjo’ WAPTV, popularly known as a family entertainment channel, has continued to expand its programming over the years, and the acquisition of “Rajjo” represents another major step for the station. T...

Man Electrocuted While Destroying Campaign Billboard In Ibadan


A man identified as a member of Park Management System in Oyo State has been electrocuted while allegedly destroying a campaign billboard of one of the gubernatorial candidates in Oyo State.

This happened along Challenge after Vanguard Chemist very close to Iyana Elewura in Ibadan. 

According to a source, the man accidentally got electrocuted in an attempt to destroy the campaign banner of Chief Adebayo Adelabu again, the iron he was trying to use touched the high tension wire which resulted to his electrocution.

An eyewitness, who begged not to be named, noted that the residents of the area had already warned the man against destruction of the campaign billboard.

The source said, “We had cautioned him against destroying peoples’ properties around.

“Suddenly, we saw him shaking, and no one could move closer to him as it is obvious that he had mistakenly touched the electric wire beside the billboard”.

Media Director, Bayo Adelabu Campaign Organisation, Mr. Bolaji Tunji, confirmed the incident to DAILY POST Saturday morning.

Tunji explained that there have been different reports of destruction of campaign billboards in the State. He added that Adelabu expressed deep regret about the incident.

Tunji said, “We heard of the unfortunate incident. There have been different reports on what the guy was doing. Some said he was fixing the billboard while others said he was vandalising it. Whichever it is, no one wishes for the death of anyone, not any citizen of Oyo State. Even if he was vandalising the board, we would rather engage him positively rather than wish him that fate.

“Oloye Bayo Adelabu expresses deep regret about the incident and prays for the peaceful repose of the soul of the deceased. May the Almighty Allah accept him in Aljanah firdaus. His heartfelt condolences go to the family of the unfortunate individual”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Powering Nigeria’s Future: How Gas Investments Are Cutting Costs and Driving Growth”

Dubai Jails Nigerian Lady For Filming Maltreatment, Family Kicks

Title: MultiChoice Nigeria Fined ₦766 Million for Data Privacy Violations